Skip to content
Many of the visible signs of ageing skin can be significantly improved with the skillful use of dermal fillers. They can deal with specific lines and wrinkles, and establish more youthful facial contours.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are a non-surgical way to reduce facial lines and give your skin a more youthful appearance. They can also be used to give a "lift" to facial tissue and enhance the shape of facial contours such as the chin and cheeks. When used in the lips they can add a more full and curved appearance.
There are many types of dermal fillers available but at Minerva Medical Aesthetics I use Juvederm® by Allergan, which is a gel containing hyaluronic acid - a biodegradable substance which occurs naturally in the skin. With more than 26 million treatments worldwide, Juvederm facial fillers are among the most popular facial aesthetic treatments on the market.
Unlike surgical treatments, the effects of Dermal Fillers are not permanent, though they can last up to 18 months. This means that you can achieve natural-looking results without the risks of a surgical procedure like a facelift. Repeat treatments can be made periodically to maintain the look you desire.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Dermal Fillers consist of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which is a naturally occur substance. However, if you were to have HA injected it would be quickly broken down by your body. Juvederm’s Vycross range uses a compound that cross-links the HA, preventing the body breaking it down so rapidly. This means that Vycross products can last 6-24 months depending on the specific type of dermal filler.
This technology gives:
- A smoother gel, allowing for more comfortable treatment.
- Less bruising and swelling in the days after treatment due to lower HA concentration causing less reactionary inflammation.
- Reduced discomfort from the lidocaine added to the formulation.
- Very subtle and natural outcomes due to the smoothness of the gel and being able to inject it with more precision.
- Better results as it is easier to shape and mould once injected.
- Longer-lasting due to its unique makeup of high and low molecular weight HA.
- Lip Enhancement
- Cheek Volumisation
- Tear Troughs - hollows under the eyes
- Nasolabial Folds (Nose to Mouth Lines)
- Marionette Lines (Mouth to Chin Lines)
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Fine and deep lines on the skin
- 8-point Facelifts
Prices start from £180:00 for 0.5ml of Dermal Filler from the Allergan Vycross® range.
There is a 10% price reduction if you have dermal filler and Botox treatments at the same time.
Book an appointment: Dermal Filler Booking
Copyright © 2019 Minerva Medical | All Rights Reserved
Hathaway Medical Centre
t: 07763 401 659